Bold Enrichment Overview
Build your weekly schedule with either a full day Major or two half day Electives.Ages 14-18 June 27 - August 7
(weekly sessions) Tuition: Residential $2,295Commuter $625 Included: Meals + course supplies
* Not Included: transportation + weekend feesApply Now
About Studio Art
Build your artistic portfolio with us this summer. This Studio Art elective allows you to explore different areas of art to showcase your talents & be creative!
The beauty of artistic expression is that it allows us to communicate understandings beyond the limits of language. Bring your best ideas to life with every canvas you create. Studio Art is the best course to express yourself and showcase your talents. Whether your medium of choice is pencil, paint or something less expected, studio art is a rich opportunity to grow as an artist and begin building a strong professional portfolio in the process. In this course you will have the opportunity to explore different areas of art you might not be familiar with and create your own signature pieces to be proud of. Absorb the science and fundamentals of drawing and painting through a series of engaging, enlightening exercises using charcoals, pastels and more.
As a high school student you are faced with many choices. Among the top questions you need to answer are: Where will I go to college? What will I major in? Before you can answer those, you should consider answering one fundamental: What will I be when I grow up? Yes, people have been asking you that since you were a kid. But now, it’s time to actually start thinking about what you want to do as a career. If you are interested or skilled in art, there are many professions that you may be a strong candidate for post-college.
Here are a few art-related careers to begin exploring now:
• Work opportunities in motion pictures, movies, television, video games, advertising, and design.
• Draw by hand and use computers to create animated images or special effects.
• Web Designer – Create stunning, visually appealing, and effective websites that help your clients’ businesses grow. If you work at an agency, you’ll be exposed to a wide variety of industries that will be sure to keep your work interesting.
• iPhone/Android App Designer – Design and build apps that push the limits of technology. Collaborate with clients, designers and backend developers to create apps people can hardly live without.
• Art Director – Develop design concepts and review materials that appear in magazines, newspapers, or digital media. You’ll make sure it’s eye-catching and appealing.
• Prop/Set/Stage Designer – Read the script and set the stage. Pull from storage, purchase, or make what you need to bring your imagination to life.